Film

Film

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Playlist of the Week #1: Burnt Up

This is a new weekly feature I'm introducing today.  Once a week towards the end of the week I'm going to post a short playlist of songs that I've been listening to over the week and would like other people to listen to.  So here's the first one.

1. 'The Wire' by HAIM

You should listen to it if: You're a cool mom, or you want to try to be.

2. 'Ms. Jackson' by Outkast

You should listen to it if: You made someone's daughter cry, and you're sorry about it...woooooo.

3. 'Slow Motion (Live)' performed by Panic! At the Disco, originally by Third Eye Blind

You should listen to it if: You like messed up lyrics, and want to re-live your middle school days of loving Panic! At the Disco.

4. 'Bulls on Parade' by Rage Against the Machine

You should listen to it if: You're angrier than a kid who just found out his dad made a Twitter.

5. 'Dirty Paws' by Of Monsters and Men

You should listen to it if: You're running in slow motion on a college campus or city street.

6. 'Burnin' Up' by The Jonas Brothers

You should listen to it if: You're a human being and you like music (Everyone).

7. 'Summer Love' by Justin Timberlake

You should listen to it if: You have some pants that are in need of being danced off.

8. 'Tangerine' by Led Zeppelin

You should listen to it if: You want to stick it to all of those loser orange and grapefruit fans out there.

In All Seriousness:


1. 'The Wire'

After hearing HAIM perform this song on SNL I became a big fan of them and this song.  Looking forward to what this cool group of ladies will do in the future.

2. 'Ms. Jackson'

One of my favorite rap groups of all-time, and probably their most popular song (other than Hey Ya).  This song is a jam, and it's nice to re-discover some of the jams that you used to love every now and again.


3. 'Slow Motion (Live)'

My roommate Frank showed me this cover by Panic! at the Disco.  I immediately loved it and have been replaying it a lot recently.  It's not only a good cover, but an excellent live performance as well.


4. 'Bulls on Parade'

This is my favorite Rage Against the Machine song.  Really intense, and always a go-to workout song for me.  But since I haven't seen the inside of a gym in months, I listen to it while I do other things instead.


5. 'Dirty Paws'

Discovered this song in the first trailer for the film 'The Secret Life of Walter Mitty.'  It works really well for that trailer, and is an excellent song if you're looking for something calm and relaxing.


6. 'Burnin' Up'

Yeah I was serious about this song.  This is one of my favorite guilty pleasure songs, and I have no shame in stating how much I enjoy it.  RIP Jo Bros.


7. 'Summer Love'

If you hear this song and don't want to dance or have a Grease-like summer fling than you are an actual crazy person.  One of my favorite songs from an artist I enjoy thoroughly.


8. 'Tangerine'

Led Zeppelin is easily a band I wish I was able to go back in time to see.  This song has been getting a solid amount of plays from me recently.  Fantastic vocals, and some of Page's best guitar work in my opinion.


~Ryan Moncrief

No comments:

Post a Comment