Film

Film

Monday, November 11, 2013

Netflix Pick of the Week #1: Ghostbusters


Since most people on the planet now have a Netflix account, or at the very least use someone else's name or password to use the service for free, I decided that every Monday I will recommend a film that is streaming on Netflix Instant.  I'm gonna start off with a pretty popular film before I begin recommending lesser-known films, I don't want you to lose interest in this blog on Day 4 of it.

Ghostbusters (1984)


Starring: Bill Murray, three other guys, that girl from Avatar
Premise: A huge Marshmallow attacks New York City.  Nobody really cares, because it's a Marshmallow.
Quote: "Who wants some more s'mores?" - Dr. Peter Venkman (Bill Murray)
One Sentence Review: It's like Mythbusters, but with ghosts!

In All Seriousness:


Ghostbusters is a great comedy that still holds up nearly 30 years later.  Some of my favorite comedic actors of the 80's are in this film, and the theme song is a timeless classic as well.  Halloween is over now, but this film is still a good watch around any time of the year if you want some good laughs.  Lastly, I'll defend to the death the fact that the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man is one of the greatest movie monsters of all-time.  It's definitely one of the most delicious monsters.

~Ryan Moncrief

No comments:

Post a Comment