Film

Film

Thursday, December 19, 2013

6 Comedians You Need To Know

As a huge fan of stand-up comedy, I consider myself pretty well versed in the world of stand-up comedy.  I know a lot of the not as famous comedians that even some fans of stand-up comedy might miss out on.  So without further interruption, here are 6 comedians that I think more people should know about.

For the comedic part of this post, I will be heckling the comedians that I list.  Yes, I will be heckling pictures of comedians, alone on my computer, for your amusement.  I need a life.


Mike Birbiglia


Hey, Mike Birbiglia!  Is your last name the name of a bone in the human body or gibberish that your uncle yelled at you in a drunken rage?

Tig Notaro


Hey, Tig Notaro!  More like Tig Hamtaro!  Because you're as tiny as a hamster!  This reference will be understood by like 3 people.  So pretty much the number of people who read this blog other than myself.

Kumail Nanjiani


Hey, Kumail Nanjiani!  Are you holding up a finger for every person including your mom that thinks you're funny!?

Dan Cummins


Hey, Dan Cummins!  Are you making that face because you just realized you look like a cross between a gopher and the long-haired dude from Criminal Minds!?

Hannibal Buress


Hey, Hannibal Buress!  You're a skinnier, more handsome Randy Jackson!  Crap, that's a compliment...I think?

Chelsea Peretti


Hey, Chelsea Peretti!  You're a girl!  And your last name sounds like an italian sauce!


In All Seriousness:

Man I really hope if on the off chance that one of these comedians googles their name and winds up at this blog that they make it to this part so they know that I actually really enjoy their comedy.  All of these comedians you can find all over youtube, as well as on different podcasts or HBO/Netflix/Comedy Central specials.  Below I'll put a youtube clip of each of them doing stand-up so you can get a taste of what they're like.  Also this doesn't even scratch the surface of good comedians, I'm leaving out all of the big name comedians obviously, and there are also a ton of lesser known comedians that are becoming more popular as time goes on.

Mike Birbiglia



Tig Notaro


Kumail Nanjiani


Dan Cummins


Hannibal Buress


Chelsea Peretti


-Ryan Moncrief

No comments:

Post a Comment